I'm looking for somebody to work closely with me on a project.
This project will combine journalism and computer programming, in the vein of chicagocrime.org.
Ideal candidates would have equal background in journalism and computer programming. But if you're a talented Web developer/programmer with no background in journalism, that's OK, too.
You're a great candidate if:
- You are a Python programmer and have worked with the Django Web framework.
- You're great at parsing and manipulating data.
- You love writing screen scrapers and reverse-engineering things.
- You're generally creative when it comes to technology.
- You're more comfortable coding something up quickly and changing it iteratively, than reading or writing requirements documents.
- You tend to keep up with the latest Web technologies.
Bonus points for contributions to open source projects (big or small) and attention to grammar.
If you're interested, please contact me. Tell me about Web sites you've made, along with as many links and examples as possible. You can send a resume if you'd like, but I'm more interested in seeing actual projects you've made than reading about GPAs.
I guarantee you'd have a fantastic time working on this.