This is a paid advertisement.
TCPalm.com, the Web site of three daily newspapers on Florida's Treasure Coast, seeks someone with strong experience building dynamic Web applications to develop and maintain rich databases of online content with outstanding usability.
- Building and supporting data-driven Web site features and applications
- Improving and maintaining content publishing tools
- Communicating and coordinating with developers and system administrators at our corporate hosting facility
- Meeting and anticipating needs of the content team
- Making changes to our site to enhance usability
- Taking initiative to suggest projects
This position requires:
- Superb Web application programming skills. We have existing code in ColdFusion, ASP, PHP and TCL, but knowledge of those specific languages is nowhere near as important as knowing a language(s) expertly enough to write clean and well-documented code and create great data models and algorithms.
- Intimate knowledge of HTML/XHTML and CSS
- Above all, a strong talent for problem-solving
You'll fit in well here if you know how people use news and information Web sites, have a passion for making great stuff plus a keen attention to detail, and keep the end user constantly in mind. Journalism experience or an understanding of the news industry would certainly be helpful but is not required.
To apply, e-mail a resume, URLs of your work, and a sample of your best source code to online editor Nathan Ashby-Kuhlman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Adrian on February 11, 2005, at 9:37 p.m.:
Nathan's posted a personal blog entry about the job opening with some more details.
Comments have been turned off for this page.